Friday, May 12, 2017

Character-Naming Contest!

Hello, all! I'm about to begin writing The Lion's Crypt, the second book of The Emberlyn Chronicles, and I'm looking for some great character names! It's a fantasy series, so keep that in mind.

The rules:
1. Names must end with either a "c," a "k," or a "ck." They are intended to be male names.
2. They shouldn't sound too Vulcan; after I came up with my loose rules for the language, I realized that Vulcan names generally end in "c" or "k," so I've been trying to avoid anything that sounds too similar.
3. You may submit up to three names. I need some evil-sounding names among them.

Here are some names used in The Lion's Crown, to give you a feel for what I'm looking for: Faric, Braedok, Karak, Lanioc, Dourok.

The Prize: If I use one of your names, it will appear in The Lion's Crypt and/or the third book of the series, The Lion's Court. You will also receive an ebook copy of the book(s) your name appears in and a mention in the acknowledgements section of the book(s).

Submit your answers and any questions to authormkrose@gmail.com with "Naming Contest" in the subject line. If you've yet to read The Lion's Crown, you can get your copy here.

This contest ends May 31, 2017.