Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Benjamin X. Wretlind's Free eBook Experiment

Hello, all. If you haven't heard yet, my friend Benjamin X. Wretlind has made all his books semi-permanently free. What that means is that they are not just free for a few days, they are free for an extended period of time. How long? Who knows. Even Ben doesn't know. So I would suggest that you pick them up while you can.

Click here for links to his three books at all the major online stores. And just in case you're not convinced that they're worth the price, they come with my personal recommendation:
I honestly don't know how to write this review. I don't know what I can say about Castles that will be informative to the reader without exposing something that the reader really has to find out for him or herself. I can't tell you the emotions I felt while reading it because I felt all of them, often many of them at the same time. I can't even tell you what kind of a book this is: literary, horror, psychological, supernatural, allegorical, because it is all of those things and more.
But I suppose I can tell you what Castles isn't. It isn't a book you will be able to put down. It isn't a book you will be able to forget. And, most of all, it isn't a book that you will read without spending nearly as much time thinking about it as you spent reading it.
I suppose the best thing I can say, perhaps the only thing I should have said, is this: Castles is a work of true brilliance. If you read it you will not regret it. If you don't read it, know that you will be missing one of the great literary achievements of the 21st century. I know that sounds a bit much, but that it truly how I feel about this novel. If there is any justice in the literary world the name of Benjamin X. Wretlind will be spoken alongside those of Steinbeck and Hemingway as a truly great American novelist.
Every new work I read by Benjamin X. Wretlind solidifies in my mind an already rock solid belief: that he is one fantastic writer! With a skill on par with any of the great American novelists, Mr. Wretlind has penned a tale of such emotional and literary depth that it will haunt the reader long after the last page is turned. He has penned a tale filled with rage, sorrow, loss and just a little bit of hope. He has penned a tale that can only be described as a masterpiece. Do not miss this book. Do not miss any of Mr. Wretlind's work. He is truly a master of the written word.


No comments:

Post a Comment